Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hey shawtie it's your birthday, We gonna party like it's your birthday..

Drinkin' Bacardi like it's your birthday, and we don't give a fuck it's not your birthday.

Ah, 50 Cent. You have made those words legendary. Much like the phrase, "I love you like a fat kid loves cake".
How would the world fare without you? And how are you still alive after being shot NINE TIMES?? (say "nine times" like in Ferris Bueller's Day Off...it makes it funnier.)

So birthdays are on my mind, can you tell? "No, really, SK?" the collective audience asks.

Yes. Really. It is true.

The Boyfriend (aka UPS) will be the big 3-9 on the 26th.

This Sunday is his oldest son's birthday, and he'll be nine. I plan to sneak into their house on Thursday and fill the house with helium balloons and leave a gift and cake on the table for him. UPS will be less than thrilled about the balloons, but P will love it. I know, I know. I'm the coolest.

Back to UPS's birthday...I thought about throwing him a big party at our favorite bar, but changed my mind. He doesn't want to make a big deal of it, so I'm buying him dinner and we'll just have the entire weekend to ourselves.

Does 39 sound way older than 38 to you? People are fully aware of our age difference, but when I say he's going to be 39 (even though they KNOW HE'S 13 YEARS OLDER) they raise their eyebrows and say, "Oh!" In this very shocked tone, and make some comment about a May-December romance. I take offense to this, as it is much less a May-December romance than like, a July-October one. And I'm very happy in my July-October romance, thank you. LOL.

And that just brings me around to the most important subject of all. MY birthday (2/23).

So what do you have planned, eh? A surprise party? Ya'll gonna swarm my little bitty town and take over? All cake and balloons and flowers and maybe even a tiara...

Well, you're out of luck. I won't even be in town on my birthday, so ha!

UPS is getting his Christmas present that weekend. He's getting the weekend getaway to the private cabin on the lake, but he nixed the fishing trip. He said he wanted to take the trip on my birthday weekend and spend the whole time holed up in our little cabin-o-love. He said he can go fishing any old time. Isn't that sweet?
I told him it kind of ruins the present part on his end, but he said since I'm paying for the cabin, that's gift enough. He can foot the rest of the bill.
I'll accept that as fair, lol!

Truth be told, I actually get kind of down around my birthday. I don't know why. I've never had that overwhelming excitement about it before. Maybe this year will be different.
I love other people's birthdays though. I love to do 'em up big, loud, and crazy. Just call me the life of the party.

...You can find me in the club.