Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Suddenly See More

Isn't it funny how when you're up, everything and everyone is trying to bring you down? What the hell??

Yesterday was just one thing after another. When I went outside to go to work yesterday, my van door was standing wide open and there was (were?) greasy black handprints all over everything. The front seats were covered in dried grass. Funny, but the only thing missing was a tube of lipstick. And I had some cash up in the sunglasses compartment, so maybe someone just needed a little freshening up.

Then my boss tells me that she is very seriously considering selling the business. Not like, to another owner so I'll still have a job, but just the inventory. So I spent the afternoon scrambling around trying to get my ducks in a row, getting my feelers out for a job.

I didn't panic, which I take as a good sign. When I look back to where I was a year ago, with literally NOTHING (trying to adjust to being a single jobless mother living on the $450 I made working only on Saturdays, feeding my kids with food stamps, and receiving zero help from my darling ex husband), I am encouraged that I am at least partly back on my feet now. I can successfully run an entire small business essentially by myself. The owner is only here maybe two days a week.

So I guess I didn't really let it get me down, did I?
I see bigger things in my future (no, not big flesh eating plants as could be implied by my title line, lol), I have HOPE, which is something I was certainly lacking 12 months ago.

And here's the exciting part...I'm going to try to make a go of that children's clothing line I was talking about several months ago. I made shirts for my boys a while back that say, "Don't blame me, I'm too young to vote", and people stop us all the time to ask where they came from.

I was awake all night thinking about this, and I'm very, very excited. Like, pee in my pants excited (only I didn't really, don't worry).

So, that's that.