Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Rocker Returns and Thursday Thirteen: Bad Influence

Drummer-in-a-rock-band Richard.

There was a big lead up to that before Christmas that went nowhere, right? Did he come home or didn't he?

Well, he didn't come home when I expected him to. I thought I'd dodged a bullet. I was even fine with it. Just made everything a little easier. I didn't have to explain him to UPS, I didn't have to tell him that UPS and I were in a very serious relationship. Good, good.

I'm working on inventory and I hear the bell ding above the door to let me know someone has entered the store. I see this guy with this crazylong hair and facial hair...he has a friendly look on his face like he knows me. I had just kind of glanced up and asked, "Can I help you?"

To which the stranger replied, "Are you kidding?"

It was like someone took over my body. I screamed "Oh my God!" at the top of my lungs and literally threw myself at him. There was the whole picking me up and swinging me around moment. Very exciting.

I hadn't seen his face in six years, and there he was. Standing right in front of me. I was shocked. Surprised. And so, so happy to see him.

I guess I have to tell UPS that he's in town. R is taking me to dinner tonight. So I guess I have to tell him that UPS and I are on the road to Forevertown. (It takes a long time to get there...)

I'll tell you all about that later. For now, in honor of R, here is Thursday Thirteen: Bad Influence (Posted late Wednesday). Thirteen things about my relationship with R, things about us, things we've done, etc...

Photobucket
1. I have smoked pot exactly twice. Both times with R. The first time was at his 19th birthday party. All I got was tired and cranky, what was the fun in that? I did agree to try it one more time a few weeks later. Tired and cranky. If this was what all the fuss was about, I could leave it.

2. I totalled my car one night coming home from his house. At this point in our relationship, it overlapped with my relationship with ExHusband (this is before we were engaged or married or anything, ok?), and ExHusband didn't need to know where I'd been...I was driving down the dirt road and a deer ran in front of me. I panicked (I'd already hit one deer that year, it isn't a fun thing) and lost control of the car, barrell rolling several times and flipping end over end at least twice.
Obviously, I did not die. And no, I had not been drinking.

3. We worked together and everyone was all up in our business relationship-wise. One day, the woman who worked in the office told everyone in the place that I was pregnant and that I was afraid to tell R. I had people coming up to me all day asking me what was going on. I was so upset that I started crying. R saw me and wanted to know what was wrong, but someone else blurted out, "She's pregnant, you idiot!" Before I could say anything. He immediately sat down beside me and said, "This is ok. We'll be fine..." Other things befitting the "situation". He was so sweet and serious it was almost a shame to have to tell him I wasn't pregnant, lol. And boy that office lady got her ass handed to her, let me tell you.

4. Girls were always hitting on him. It was so bad that they'd actually come into the store and hover around giggling.

Amazingly, I only had to yell at a few and threaten one.

5. He is my first real, true, absolute 100% love. There is one person before him who came close, and UPS is the only one after.

6. He would do anything for me. There is not a doubt in my mind about this.

7. He asked my step-dad if he could marry me a week before he proposed. I said yes immediately, and we were ready to just run away and live our lives together. But things got in the way, he wouldn't stop partying, he wouldn't calm down...I wanted a stable life and we'd started fighting about it. I was tired of the lifestyle we were living. So when ExHusband proposed as well, I broke off the engagement to one and accepted the other.

And spent the next 5 years of my life being miserable without my Richard.
(I got my kids out of my marriage, so yes, it was worth it, but everyday I wished they were my boys with R, and not the ExHusband)

8. Our work had a men's softball team, and R played. After the first game, I ran over and threw my arms around him and gave him a kiss. He looked at me and said, "You are the only girl I've ever been with who'd come anywhere near me if I was hot or sweating."
I was shocked.
Who cares if he had grass in his hair, mud on his face and sweat dripping down his cheek? I was going to kiss him anyway.
I loved him.

9. We fought a lot. I think we liked it. To this day, he is the only person I have ever unloaded my full temper on.


10. Making up was great ;)

11. His eyes are just as blue as I'd remembered.

12. Tonight is going to be one of the most difficult nights of my life. It's overwhelming to think about. And I feel a little sick.

13. I love R, I have missed R like crazy for six very long years.

But I will not...WILL NOT...ruin what I could possibly have with UPS by doing something stupid.

Not even to get blog fodder.

LOL!

Wish me luck, and happy Thursday!