Friday, December 14, 2007

Something Wicked this way comes...

Oh holy Shiite Muslim, I am so freakin' excited!

Tomorrow I am headed up to the STL to see Wicked. We will be seeing it at the The Fox Theater. I'm going with my married friends E1 and E2 (Now that they're married, they both have the initials EJG. Weird? Yes.) and our gay friend J. We plan to shop, see the show, and then go out and have some fun.
In honor of this little excursion with E1, E2, and J, I will share a story that involves the three of them. This one is entitled, "Just one of the times SK drank too much and embarrassed herself".

It was my first Christmas after X was born. It was the first time I'd been out of the house around other adults with no baby, and the first time I was allowed to drink after nearly a year of no alcohol, due to being knocked up and all...

I don't really plan on drinking much at this Christmas party, hosted by E1 and E2. I plan on chatting and being a grown up. Well, that's not what happened. I wasn't in the house 5 seconds before someone handed me a Dos Equis. I don't even like beer, but that sucker was gone before the sweat hit the coaster. Then I switched it up to egg nog. Umm..Yeah, it was heavily spiked. But it tasted so good. No exaggeration, I drank 3/4 of the bowl by.my.self. I used to be the good time girl, you know? Drinking the boys under the table and what not...I did not factor in no drinky for long time equals don't over do it sista. I remember kaleidoscopic vision and people laughing at me and continuing to bring me glasses of white wine. I must have smoked three packs of other people's cigarettes...It was the first, last and only time I ever had to be carried out of somewhere...by E1, J, and my ex husband.
E1 and E2 say this is why they haven't hosted a Christmas party since. I drank all the booze, and left none for the other guests.

Let's just say, I've never repeated that experience. At least, not to that degree.

So, I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend. Tonight X has his preschool Christmas program, after which he and L are going home with their dad. I'm going to stay with UPS tonight, go home tomorrow morning and pack for STL, then leave around 9am-ish for the city. It's a four hour drive. I'm not even dreading the drive. It'll be like four girlfriends on a road trip. Yeah, yeah, two of the involved are guys, but one is gay and E1 is very effeminate, so yeah, like four girlfriends...So fun, I can't wait!

And guess what? I'm making a promise, which I never do, to post pictures. I swear I will take some and get them off the camera, ok? I will post them sometime next week, most likely Tuesday.
Ya'll excited now? I thought so.

Happy Weekend!!

Oh, and I wanted to add...I've been working on the other One Hit Wonder TTs, and I'm telling you now, cutting these things down to 13 is hard work. The 60s were difficult, but I did it. The 70s? I haven't even begun to pare those down yet. It is kinda fun though!