Friday, November 16, 2007

Confessions part 1

Well, it's Friday. You know what that means....nothing really, except I don't have to come into work tomorrow.

I think it's time for me to 'fess up a little. I'm not as cool as you all think I am. I mean, I know you all think I'm just about the most awesome chick around, and for the most part you're right, but I do have some flaws. Fatal flaws.

I like really awful pop music. I have seen the following people in concert: Nsync (3 times), Backstreet Boys, O-Town and Rick Springfield. When I saw Nsync in Memphis, Puff Daddy (or P Diddy or Oops, a Did He? Or whateverthehell he calls himself now)opened for them. That was pretty exciting.
In 2000, I went to this outdoor thing where a bunch of obscure one-hit wonder pop acts performed, and it was awesome. This morning I found a cd single for this song called "You Make Me Love You....More" by a guy named Don Philip. Ever heard of him? I didn't think so. I laughed so hard when I found it, and of course took it to the car to listen to on the way to work. I still remembered every lyric.
Oh, I also loved Hanson and still think that the "This Time Around" album should have won grammys. Grammys I tell you!!

Anyway, I can redeem myself with my love of 'cool' acts like Weezer, Nirvana, and Christina Aguilera Joan Jett...When I was little I wanted everyone to call me Jett Benatar b/c I couldn't decide who I wanted to be more. JJ or Pat Benatar. It's still up in the air.

Do you see how safe I feel? We're in the trust tree in the nest.

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up.

Have a good weekend.