Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Move over C, make way for R

I know why the celebrities hate the paparazzi. When you live in a small town, it's a lot like living under a microscope. C and I haven't done a very good job of keeping our relationship quiet. I guess my boss called a friend of hers that works with him, to check out if he's on the up and up, so to speak. Now he's all freaked out about things. I can't deal with that. So someone was looking out for me, what's the big damn deal? Drama? No thanks.
On the other side of things, my friend R (aka, the one that got away.) has been back in touch with me. I haven't heard from him in 5 years and now he's popped up in my life again. He is in a metal band in CA, and this weekend they won a battle of the bands thing in Sacramento. They are now in the final 4, and perform the 26th to see who wins the whole thing I guess. I'll post a link to their website later today. I feel like a proud parent (which I am of course, but not HIS parent...that would just be weird). He bought plane tickets last night and is coming home to see me (oh, and his family too, they're important I guess) for two weeks in October. I'm excited and nervous. More excited than anything though.
Nothing else going on really, just my crazystupid love life as usual. I'm echoing my previous post by saying, I hate relationships. Perhaps if I were a sociopath, things would be much easier.

We did move the store to a new location last week. We are now just off the historic town square. Very, very nice area. Only downside is that there is a pawn shop two doors down. I tell you what, I have seen the most interesting things being walked past our windows over the last few days. I had a boyfriend in high school who used to pawn things to get drug money. So now that is all I think about when I watch ppl go in and out...damn drug addicted losers. Isn't that terribly judgemental of me? I'm sure they're all lovely people. Drug addicted lovely people.