Saturday, June 16, 2007

Why did my life turn into that show Divorce Court?

I really do not like the Jerry Springer-ish turn my life has taken. Not me, personally, but the situations surrounding my dumbass ex husband. He hasn't seen the kids in 19 days, ok? They were supposed to stay the night with my exMIL last night, she was picking them up from my house where my brother was watching them while I was at work (whew! what a sentence.). As she pulls into the driveway, he pulls in behind her and says he's going to take them overnight. Um, no he sure as hell isn't. You have to make plans for these things. You don't just show up and say "I'm taking them." I know what he thought. He thought X would be so excited to see him, he'd throw a fit about wanting to go so we'd let him. Turns out that wasn't the case. X didn't WANT to go with him at all. So let's just hope this teaches the bastard something. When your not-quite-four-year-old son doesn't trust you, what does that say? It says you're a worthless piece of shit, that's what. Lord. So, in continuance of the drama, I decide to get some liquor to "calm myself down." HA! I didn't ease into it slowly. I was puking by 7:30, drunkenly attempting a crossword puzzle in the back of People magazine by 8:00 and in bed by 9:00. Although I did get hungry around 9:30, but couldn't drive to get any food. So I made a pepper jack and roast beef sandwich on a Sara Lee bakery roll, and sobered up. I then proceded to read a little Harry Potter and ended up in bed at 11:00. Not so bad. The low point of the evening was not the puking (which i never do, what was the deal?) but apparently I called my friend HJ and got his voicemail,on which I left a long and rambling nonsensical message berating him for not having a greeting message on his voicemail, just his name.

Shifting gears, changing lanes...
Umm...the Yankees had a 9 game win streak, hooray! The Mets kept it from getting to 10 but at least they WON a few times. I have not been focusing on the sports much b/c most of my people are letting me down. Although, I was very excited for Rafael Nadal winning his 3rd consecutive French Open. He's so pretty....