Saturday, June 16, 2007

Top 5 of the Top 40

Once again, ripping off Gypsy

1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits listings (scroll down and you’ll see them separated by decades on the left in the sidebar)
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends (but I'm not tagging anyone, so do what you like.)

Ok, so the music scene in the year 2000 wasn't that soulful and important. There are no Dylan or Stones...

1)Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. This is the most serious of my choices. I played the shit out of that whole cd. I still listen to it.

2)The Real Slim Shady by Eminem. Marshall Mathers will always hold a place in my heart. I love a man who stirs up trouble...and has genuine talent. Don't fight me on this, people.

3)Oops I did it Again by the boob and bits flashing Miz Britney Spears. I was never a fan, but I swear I watched the Making the Video for this song every time it was on Mtv. Why? It is not good.

4)The Thong Song by Sisqo. How could this not make my top 5, LOL. I still have trouble realizing it's a REAL song.

5)Bye, Bye,Bye by (ha!)Nsync. I'll just flat admit it, folks. I was a hardcore fan. For all of my intellectualizing about music and movies, I fell for this plastic trap. I saw them three times in concert, every show was amazing, and I don't care what you think. I liked Hanson too, you wanna have a go at me for that??? LOL.

So there you go. All of the above are now in my sidebar, except for Bye, Bye, Bye. I couldn't find it. So instead, enjoy It's Gonna Be Me. Wow, I was cool.