Thursday, May 24, 2007

decisions, decisions and zombies = love.

I feel like I am in a place of great change. Ok, that sentence made me LOL b/c, OF COURSE I am in a place of great change.
I have made a giant decision. I have officially made the choice to go back to school, hopefully the upcoming fall semester. When I went right out of high school I was doing the media/film/communications stuff, but when you get right down to it, there's not a huge market for that. So I think I'll get my teaching degree and work at a jr. high somewhere. The good thing about a teaching degree is I can go anywhere I want, I don't have to stay in one place. Teachers are needed everywhere. I feel this gives me a lot of room to breathe. Because I'm not sure I want to stay here anymore.
The party for my friend was a lot of fun. I re-met (we haven't seen each other in a few years) a guy who I swear is my soulmate. He is the male equivalent of me in nearly every way, it is freakish. Even more freakish, we developed our mini-bond while watching Shaun of the Dead (we were also drunk on whiskey, so that proabably aided and abetted). He lives 300 miles away, which is probably a good thing, because otherwise I'd be all wound up about him. I still am a little bit, but it's more of a far off fantasy type thing this way. Talking on the phone is safer than the risk of physical contact. I don't think it's a true love match, but it is the working base of a friendship. And I can always pretend in my own head that it's more, LOL. Sometimes that's better than the real thing anyway, b/c everything goes the way you want it to.