Thursday, June 14, 2007

Book meme...taken from Gypsy's page

A book that made you cry: The Diary of Anne Frank. I cry b/c I know what happens after the last entry. I almost can't take it.

A book that scared you: The Shining by Stephen King...but I didn't have to put it in the freezer.

A book that made you laugh: Running with Scissors by Augusten Bourroughs

A book that disgusted you: not sure...

A book you loved in elementary school: How to Eat Fried Worms

A book you loved in middle school: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. I read it in the 6th grade and fell in love.

A book you loved in high school: Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. Who didn't love this?

A book you hated in high school: The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. Maybe b/c we spent an entire quarter on it. I would like to re-read it though, to see if it was as dreadful as I thought.

A book you loved in college: I read a lot of scripts in college...Sweeney Todd? Hamlet?

A book that challenged your identity: not sure on this one. My identity is challenged several times a day.

A series that you love: I'm a Harry Potter nerd, ok?

Your favorite horror book: Toss up between Bag of Bones by Stephen King and The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

Your favorite science fiction book: I don't read Sci-fi...How about Ender's Game that's a good one.

Your favorite fantasy book: I really don't read fantasty...what counts as fantasy anyway? the Narnia books, do they count??

Your favorite mystery book: Not really a mystery, more of a horror-ish book. It's called Nazareth Hill, by a British author. I read it last year, the descriptions are so good you can see what is happening...and it's creepy.

Your favorite biography: EE Cummings. Love that man.

Your favorite “coming-of-age” book: Just As Long As We're Together by Judy Blume

Your favorite classic: Anything by Dickens.

Your favorite romance book: I've never read a real romance book...But I'll say the In The Garden Trilogy by Nora Roberts. They're more of a ghost story, but the romance is good too.

Your favorite book not on this list: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, The Poisonwood Bible