Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mkay, so I haven't done this in a year...felt like today was THE day to get it going again.
Today's topic? Thirteen random songs on my iPod, and why I love them. Here goes:

1)Love Hurts by Nazareth -- Why do I love this song? Well, because frankly, love is a bitch and it really does hurt. But I also have a new appreciation for it. In the Halloween remake, Michael Myers' mother is stripping to it while he's killing his sister and her boyfriend. Makes the "Hurts" part a little more meaningful, LOL.

2)What's your Fantasy by Ludacris -- This was "our song" for my ex boyfriend B, and I. Yeah, sounds a little dirty. And it was. Oh yes it was.

3)Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters by Elton John -- Because Almost Famous is my favorite movie and Tiny Dancer was too obvious a choice. And because I love Elton John. I wrote him a letter when I was in the 5th grade, but I never sent it. Too chicken.

4)Dig by Mudvayne -- My friend R got me into this song about 5 years ago. I really have no idea what the lyrics say, but it sure gets your heart beating.

5)Not an Addict by K's Choice -- the first time I heard this song was when Zayra sang it on an episode of Rockstar: Supernova. Have been in love with it ever since. I sing it at the top of my everlovin' lungs.

6)50 Ways to Leave your Lover by Simon and Garfunkel -- Have always loved this song, but now it makes me think of my UPS man, since his name is Lee and all.

7)Feelin' Love by Paula Cole -- OMG, how can you not feel sexy when you hear this???

8)Girl all the Bad Guys Want by Bowling For Soup -- "Her cd changer's full of singers that are mad at their dad" Says it all right there. The lyrics to this song are priceless.

9)Shaun of the Dead opening theme -- "Can I get....any of you cunts...a drink?"
One of my favorite movies ever.

10)Smack That by Akon and Eminem -- Reminds me of the 2nd one night stand I've ever had (well, the last i guess, there's only been two that didn't turn into either a friendship or something more). We danced to this song and started making out on the dance floor. Drunk on midori sours and Miller Lite. Oh yeah.

11)Teenage Dirt Bag by Wheatus -- Reminds me of high school, and I really loved the video.

12) Afternoon Delight by the Channel 4 News Team -- Is there even a question as to why this is on my iPod? If you don't think that this is the best song ever, I will fight you.

13) The Sweater Song by Weezer -- 7th grade. No need to elaborate.