Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Points to ponder

--If it's been deemed unconstitutional to post the 10 Commandments outside of a courthouse (even though that is what our whole law system is based on) b/c of separation of church and state....how do we deny homosexual couples the right to marry? We all know the reason people are all icky-weird about it is b/c of the biblical implications, am I right?

--While I'm speaking about biblical things. Did you know that no where in the Bible does it say that suicide is a one way ticket to hell? In fact, some of the men most used by God on earth did themselves in. It's simply a sin you have to explain on the other side.
On that note, did you know that in some states, if you attempt suicide and fail, you can be charged with attempted murder? Not joking.

--A Mennonite (similar to Amish, for those unfamiliar) family came into the store today to buy some homeschool curriculum....the girl came up to me and whispered, "I really love your shoes." I am wearing black ballet flats w/skulls and crossbones on them. Go figure.

--My little brother's friend asked me to go to the Homecoming Dance with him. He's 14. Kid's got balls. I nearly accepted, lol. Too bad the age cutoff for dates is 20.