Monday, July 02, 2007

listening vs. watching

As you may recall, I haven't had cable television for about three months now. And, as some of you may know, I'm addicted to tennis and this is the final week of Wimbledon. What's a girl to do? Listen to matches on internet radio while I'm supposed to be working of course. Currently there is a rain delay, so I'm no longer staring at the live point tracker on Wimbledon's website. I might not be able to watch the ball bouncing around on court, but I can watch the little animated one bop up and down to mark who is serving. I actually think listening to it is more stressful. You hear the crowd reacting, but can't see what's happening, you have to rely on the descriptions from the commentators. Edge of your seat stuff, LOL.
Looking forward to Wednesday when the boys and I will head over to MIL's for the holiday. Perhaps while everyone is outside enjoying sun, pool, and barbecue,I will be planted in front of ESPN.

It was my goal, post-divorce, to find a man who enjoyed tennis and baseball to the same degree as myself. HJ thinks tennis is boring, and is a Kansas City Royals fan. I suppose I can live with that, since another of my requirements was honesty, and he's chock full of that. Our relationship is very strange, which is probably due to the fact that we live 5 hours apart and rarely see each other face to face. I've never been less awkward around someone in my life. Really, there is zero awkwardness. I don't worry that what I say will be taken wrong, I don't worry if some days I'm too mushy-gushy and others I'm a little bitchy. He's not too embarrassed to admit he watched Days of Our Lives for two straight months just because a co-worker told him he looked like one of the actors on there, and he also knows I won't hang up on him when he calls me out for being egotistical. I don't know if we'll end up madly in love, best friends, neither, or both, but he's certainly good for me right now.

Enjoy the 4th everyone, whether it's a holiday for you or not.