Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Template

I'm really liking it. The only thing bothering me is how sharp the right side edge is. I need a new profile photo because it cut my youngest son out of the picture. I'll see about fixing that in a little while. I'm enjoying messing with the templates b/c it's giving me a little insight into html, which is one reason I started this blog in the first place, to practice html skills.
Anyway, I'll also update my links too, and put some fun ones there, although I may leave wikipedia b/c it's really fascinating (although some of it is inaccurate, i.e. the Jimmy Neutron stuff. Sheen did not get left back, he is not 12, he is 10 like the others, as seen in the episode "Sheen's Brain").

So......
Todays thoughts on various things...
--Mel Gibson getting arrested, anti-semitic allegations, etc...Um, I don't think this will hurt his career. I mean, I don't agree with anti-Semitism AT ALL, any sort of racism or bigotry is unacceptable IMO, but he was drunk after all. Lord knows I've said some crazy, crazy thing when I would drink. My 19th year was a rough one, lol. So let's let him say his apologies, and let God do the judging. It's not our job.
--Andy Roddick out of the Legg Mason tournament in D.C. Dang it he's HURT again. What a rough season. It's ok Andy, I have high hopes for you in the US Open this year.
--The new Justin Timberlake song, "Sexyback". I have only heard it once, but I didn't really like it. It sounded like he was singing into a tin can, didn't sound like his voice. Weird. I felt like I should be holding a glow stick and tripping on X in a blacklit dance club. Perhaps it will grow on me...
--Rihanna's song, "Unfaithful". I like it in general, but it makes me sad. Reminds me of when my husband and I were just dating and I cheated on him with a loser from the store I worked at. So I get slightly depressed. But otherwise it is a pretty song except for the weird, "I don't want to be.....a murderer" part. Too over the top for me, thanks. What an odd lyric.
--I want to rant about the band Simple Plan. They are like musical suicide. I hate all these fakey fakey pop punk losers whose songs all have the same chords. You can tell a Simple Plan song by the first three notes. Give me pre-Enema of the State Blink-182, or post Take off your Pants and Jacket. But I will give a pardon to Fall Out Boy, like them a lot. "Sugar We're Goin' Down" is regularly stuck in my head, especially since they are using it in promos for that movie "Zoom".