Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter is upon us

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Easter. A time of year when you think of happy little rabbits and baby chickies frolicking on a green expanse of lawn in 70 degree weather....70 degree weather, b/c that's what we were having a mere 4 days ago. Alas, tomorrow it will be 40ish degrees. Why taunt us Mother Nature, with 2 weeks of nearly 80 degrees then beat us down with snow in the forecast a few days later. Cruel, I tell you.
Do you know the best part of Easter? Cadbury eggs. Sickeningly sweet goop surrounded by chocolate. Fabulous. But what is the deal with all this new junk, like caramel eggs? Stick with the one who got you where you are, Cadbury.
Today the kids are supposed to be going to an Easter egg hunt...and they'll be wearing coats, hats, and mittens. How will that even be fun??
Xavier has suddenly decided that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the best thing ever. As a woman and a mother I'm probably supposed to roll my eyes and say, "Oh, great" in a very defeated tone of voice. However, my eyes lit up and I said, "Oh, great!" in a very upbeat and cheerful tone of voice. I love those freakin' turtles! When I was little, I would pretend Raphael slept at the foot of my bed, and b/c Donatello was my 2nd favorite, he slept on the floor beside me. So the other day I found a boxed set of the three movie dvds for $17. We've now seen TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze about 15 times. Cowabunga!

EDITING to add....
That I've just been perusing singles ads again. Not to actually find a date(hey, unless a nice normal person exists out there), but mainly b/c I've become obsessed with reading them. It's an addiction. Today I have been disturbed by 3 screen names.
1)Ive_bn_looking_4_u. Complete with a picture of a scary guy staring straight into the camera with an intense look on his face. How will most women respond to this? By saying, "Please STOP looking for me."
2)imlonelyenalone. Sorry, get a dog.
3)rusexy. Yes, but you're not.

I know coming up with a screen name for those things is probably hard, but really. Try not to be creepy or weird about it. The best one I've seen so far? Somegoofyname. Oh, yes. I'd date that guy.