Monday, April 16, 2007

Someone has a case of the Mondays

It's my first time working on a Monday. I've been here for 28 minutes, and I've already had a rude customer. She was waiting in the parking lot when I got here, and I was already irritated by that. We open at 10am, lady, not 9:30. So she huffed and puffed around practically stepping on my heels as I was trying to unlock the doors, turn on the computers, and get my kids corralled back in the playroom. I asked if I could help her and she said, "No, I'm just looking. And it's very unprofessional to bring your children to work." So I told her she must be shopping in the wrong store then, b/c my boss brings her kids every day. That's the whole reason there's a playroom in the first place. Saves us all daycare expenses. Rude old lady.

The weekend was ok. The highlight was probably playing a game of freeze/unfreeze with the boys Saturday night. There's something terribly liberating about dancing and running around like a maniac while a 3 year old and a 20 months old are shouting, "freeze!......now, UNFREEZE". They were laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. See? I'm not all mopey doom and gloom, I can have fun occasionally.


I'm looking out the big front window right now, and you would not believe how blue the sky is. It's like when movies were first made in technicolor and things were unnaturally bright. There isn't one single cloud, just this expanse of blue. It's amazing. When you look out this particular window it's easy to be distracted by the furniture store across the street (you can see right into the display room) and the flower shop sign next door (the sign says, "Bokays, spring plants, and preorder your prom corsages now." Would it be rude of me to call them and tell them bouquet is spelled wrong??)...but all you have to do is turn your eyes up a bit and get a load of that blue. Wow. It'll change your whole mood.