Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: When I grow up...

Setting this up a little early....


Thirteen Things I've said I wanted to be when I grew up By Samantha


1. Pat Benatar. I have a dangerous obsession with her. I would make the best rock star ever, and she is who I'd model myself after.

2. Marine Biologist. I think every girl and about half of the boys in the world have wanted this at one time or another. I think it was brought about by the movie Free Willy.

3. Baby, from Dirty Dancing. I didn't love Patrick Swayze, but I wanted everything in that movie that happened to her, to happen to me. I think I still do.

4)Scientist. Yes, I realize this is a very general statement, and that's how I meant it. In 7th grade our teacher kept a chart of everyone's grades posted on the wall so you could keep track. I was always first or second place on the list. My friend Tom was the person who I'd swap first place with. I figured if I was that good at science, I should probably be a scientist. I mean, it's only fair that I share my intelligence with the masses, lol.

5)Supermodel. I believe that to be a supermodel you have to fall into one of the following categories: Naturally beautiful, Exotic looking, very plain, or odd looking. I'm fairly certain I fall into the odd looking category, therefore I am destined for greatness.

6. Movie Critic. I can be pretty harsh. I love movies, and if you're a director or an actor and you've messed up something that I love, I feel the need to yell at you about it. Brad Pitt, you're not that great of an actor. Sorry. You were good in Snatch, Fight Club, and Ocean's Eleven. Otherwise, you're just average.

7. Ice Cream Taste Tester. Unless you're lactose intolerant, I think this job would appeal to just about anyone. I get cold easily though, so maybe it's good I didn't take this direction with my life...

8. Librarian. How great would this be? You can spend all of your time around books. I worked in the library my junior year of high school, and I loved it.

9. Video Store Clerk. Kind of like being a librarian, only with movies. I wonder if you get free rentals?

10. Owner of a Record store. Just records, no cds. Vinyl, vinyl, vinyl. Very High Fidelity, very cool.

11. Funeral Director. My grandfather was one before he retired. He is a preacher, and he used to manage a funeral home. I think I would be very good at this job, only I think I'd have a hard time not crying around all the sad people.

12. Real Estate Agent. I'm fascinated by homes and architecture, the way people live, how people want to live, how people feel about their homes/houses...

13. Cat Breeder. Plus: lots of cute furry aminals to play with (yes, it's spelled wrong on purpose). Minus: Litter boxes and shed hair.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Lily
2. ...my two cents
3. Kailani
4. Tink
5. MommyBa
6. JStar
7. Candy Minx
8. Colleen
9. Gypsy
10. Stacy
11. Baggage
12)Beck

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!