Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm still among the living!

Good news: sickies are almost gone, wahoo!
Bad news: something is wrong with our DSL and I am using dial up. Woah. Back to the stoneage. It is slooooooooowwwwwww.

Very uneventful weekend.

Mad b/c Walmart is ending layaway. Layaway was like my savior. It's how my kids got Christmas basically. Now I have to try to save back money to pay for Christmas, which is more difficult than it sounds. They say they are trying to attract more affluent customers. I thought that's why Target was invented, lol. If Walmart wants to attract more affluent customers, then why are they the only major retailer in teensy weensy towns like mine, full of minimum wage earners, farmers, etc?? We need layaway damn it.

Anyway...
Still no Fozzy, although we think we saw him Friday.
New Music Monday songs are in the sidebar. This week's selections are:

Feelin' Love by Paula Cole

Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson (he covered soft cell's original for the Not Another Teen Movie Sndtrk.)

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult

Just Another Girl by Pete Yorn

Mr. Brightside by the Killers

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!