Monday, August 14, 2006

All I want to do is graduate high school, go to Yale, marry Christian Slater, and die

The movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer was on tv this morning, that's my favorite line. I LOVED that movie when I was younger!
Here's what's been on my mind today:
--Does anyone actually subscribe to those cell phone IM things, like where they send you jokes of the day or love tips? Who actually thinks they can learn to be a good kisser from a text message on their phone?
--When several movies or shows with the same actor or director come on tv, I always worry if that person has died. For example, last weekend we watched Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, and Big Fish. I was really worried about Tim Burton.
--Congratulations to Heather for winning Hell's Kitchen. I picked her from day one, yea!
--I noticed a few fleas on my cat, so I bought him some flea spray. It said the fleas would die within 5 to 10 minutes, and in addition to killing the fleas, it would make his coat shiny, soft and manageable. Well, most of the fleas died after the second dose of spray (9 hours after the first dose), and his coat is not soft, shiny OR manageable. In fact he looks pretty terrible, even after a good brushing. When he was wet he looked just like the kitten on the "Bad Hair Day" posters, lol. He also smells funny, and our other cat won't lay by him today.
***********************************************************************
Ok, I am adding on to this because I just did a little browsing around, clicking on my favorite thing, the next blog button, and realized something. I am a jerk. Since when did I become that really stuck up girl I hated in high school? I now AM that really stuck up girl. Everyone who is my age and actually acts it, I find ridiculous and embarrassing. I have developed some crazy superiority complex I guess. I'm sure this is just some kind of defense mechanism. I should be in therapy, but I am too self-centered for that. I'd rather stay in on a Friday night and watch Monk and Psych than do anything more strenuous that go to the grocery store. While at the grocery store I will roll my eyes at creepy men with frozen dinners in their carts, but share a nod at the women with the same. I am a sexist! Since when? I am like, Captain Equality for crying out loud. But to clarify, it's only the creepy guys I roll my eyes at. I am also embarrassed by MySpace. I have a friend who is currently going through a divorce. Her ex moved to the west coast, and has started saying he wants to fight for custody. She found out from his niece that he has a MySpace page, so we all went over to check it out...It says he likes to get drunk, and drive fast...and that he's been upwards of 100 mph on the open road. She saved it and printed it out for her lawyer. Take that! Then I started thinking, do actual adult people post crap like that? How juvenile, how ridiculous....how snotty can I be?