Thursday, September 07, 2006

My day so far...

I think I forgot to mention that in addition to taking care of my own two boys, I have started babysitting an 18 month old two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Apparently I am mentally deficient, why else would I have agreed to that? Obviously since today is Thursday, he is here, and I had to get up earlier to pick up the living room and vacuum last night's crumbs out of the carpet, etc...Well, I woke up to X standing over me saying, "I got you some gum, Mom. I put it on your pillow." Yep, you guessed it. Chewed up watermelon Bubblicious stuck in my hair. I had my hair pulled back in a braid, and it was stuck in the pieces that had fallen loose in the night. Snip, snip went the scissors. Then L woke up with a messy diaper...it leaked. Into the tub he went. When I finally got around to making their breakfast, X asked for a waffle with peanut butter and syrup. Fine. He decided to eat it on the dining room floor (why?), then decided he didn't want the waffle, he wanted to lick the syrup off of his plate so he THREW THE WAFFLE IN THE FLOOR, and ended up covered in syrup. Into the tub he went.
C was dropped off around 8:30, and was super cranky from the get go. At one point I had all three boys clutching my legs and screaming to be picked up. L and C are sleeping, X is playing with play doh, thank heaven for peace and quiet. Here's hoping the day moves quickly...

**edited to add that I'm really PISSED OFF that I did not get to see the Andy Roddick/Lleyton Hewitt match last night. Two of my favorite players and I miss it b/c my cable decides to be screwed up. It won't be fixed until Friday afternoon sometime after 2pm. Why now, why during the last few days of the US Open? Why not next week when tennis is over??? Anyway, Andy won, woohoo! I'm fairly positive he'll beat Youzhny(sp) in the semi's and meet R.Fed in the final. The way he's playing I think he might take the whole thing.