Monday, August 28, 2006

What a day

I spent all day cleaning house. I don't mean picking up a little and vaccuming, I mean down on the floor with a sponge scrubbing. In the kitchen I moved all of the appliances out from the walls and cleaned under and behind them. Oh. My. Lord. I am ashamed at how dirty it was. I couldn't believe the grease and grime hiding back there. Ew. I did ,however, learn some useful things. If I were a famous person, I now know what products I would endorse. Easy Off Bam universal degreaser, it's the best. It cut through yucky grease like it was nothing. For the floors and walls, Pine Sol. Yep, good old Pine Sol, the lemon scent. It worked wonders, and the house smelled so nice. I don't think every room in the house has been this clean at the same time before, lol. You walk into the rooms and they just feel clean, you aren't afraid that some mutated dust bunny is prepared to jump out and devour you.

So the US Open started today. I listened to a few matches while I was cleaning. DH left it on the tv for me while he wrangled the children. Here are a few winners of note: Andy Roddick, Lindsey Davenport, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Marcos Baghdatis,Mardy Fish and Paradorn Schrichaphan. Biggest upset of the day was Ivan Ljubicic losing to Feliciano Lopez.
Men and women playing tomorrow include: Rafael Nadal, Amelie Mauresmo,Maria Sharapova, Lleyton Hewitt,James Blake, and many other notable players. Tomorrow is a big day for big name matches. The Open is being broadcast on the USA network through the week, and CBS on the weekends.